Dotsavvy, an award winning digital marketing agency, is seeking a highly motivated, creative-minded digital designer that can think strategically, execute swiftly, and collaborate effectively to help express our clients brands, products, services and content across all and any digital marketing channels. The ideal candidate will be a detail conscious individual who wants to work with a dynamic, industry leading team. A qualified candidate will be a self-starter with a strong creative background. This individual will be responsible for setting and maintaining creative standards, developing new idea creative executions across web, social, email and mobile that propels Dotsavvy forward as an industry leader.They will also be a highly organised team player that understands how business strategy, UX, content, design and technology come together to influence brand perceptions and sells products and services across the board. The successful candidate will report to the Creative Lead.
- Create/design innovative and intuitive digital experiences (online, mobile, social, e-mail)
- Work with our various teams to conceptualize and execute client digital marketing deliverables such as websites, social media creatives, digital campaigns, digital animations and/or motion graphics, video production, email newsletters, etc
- Strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule.
- Effectively manage resources, plan milestones and ensure on-time deliverables
- Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements.
- Research peer and market digital design trends
- Develop design specifications for the broader production teams at Dotsavvy
- Lead agile prototype, proof of concept (POC) initiatives to determine project/design feasibility
- Apply brand and design standards across the digital design ecosystem
- Confirms client review and delivery schedules with project management and works within the creative team.
- Directs wireframe, storyboards and comp work to assure work is on-target and on-schedule delivery for client review.
- Participates on sales calls to “sell” creative and present creative process and methodology.
- Maintains current working knowledge of computer – related skills, software and programs to ensure entire creative department remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
- Research/identify new, improved capabilities to enhance digital marketing experiences and increase overall digital marketing engagement with target audiences and personas
- Interviews and screens applicants with the Creative Lead for creative positions as well as hiring and training.
- Work with other departments to create and implement changes to strategy and products/services offered, create company documentation/SOP’s as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design (or equivalent)
- Two years minimum experience as a digital designer (or equivalent)
- Creative/PR/Media agency experience a plus
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of information architecture and its application in UI Design a plus
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
- Comprehensive understanding of project ownership from assignment through delivery
- Advanced branding, visual design, and typography skills
- Ability to quickly familiarise with brand goals, integrate style into design, and deliver projects on time
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience managing a team of 6 or more.
- Creative – conception and execution
Committed, effective collaborator
- Common sense, intuition
- Strong organisational savvy
- Ability to understand the big picture
- Receptive to feedback
- Willing to help, support others
- Detail oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to deliver consistently
- Creative, adaptive, problem-solver
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humour
Do you want to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond? Dotsavvy is a full-service digital agency with strategy, content, advertising, social media, technology integration and mobile marketing capabilities. Our clients run the gamut from financial services, non-profits, consumer, technology, healthcare, travel, and the public sector.
With fewer than 20 people on the team, you will have the unique opportunity to wear many hats. If you want to join a digital agency that promotes from within, look no further. We have a track record of cultivating internal talent. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great digital experiences.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who lead by doing, have a passion for solving challenging business problems for our clients and who bring their “A” game to work every day.
How to Apply
If think that your that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your CV, cover letter, client case studies / relevant past digital design and/or creative work to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Digital Designer’ by 5.00 pm East African Time (EAT) on Thursday the 21st February 2019.