Dotsavvy is seeking a Business Development Manager to grow and expand our business. The right candidate will bring to this position strong operational knowledge, proven customer focus, ability to comprehend new areas, and the ability to develop client relationships. They will be responsible for taking digital marketing opportunities from lead through formalized agreements, with oversight. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Generate new business leads and demand for Dotsavvy’s digital marketing services and products
- Lead Request for Proposals (RFP) responses to existing and prospective clients
- Work with internal team to scope qualified digital marketing business opportunities
- Lead sales from start to finish, including client engagement maintenance
- Understand and clearly articulate Dotsavvy’s range of digital marketing products and services with prospects, clients and partners.
- Be up-to-date about industry developments, have a natural passion for the digital marketing space
- Have excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Have proficient, high-level understanding of digital marketing (social media, website design and development, digital advertising, influencer management, content creation and, etc).
- The candidate will also generate new business leads and demand for Dotsavvy’s digital marketing services and products
- Build upon existing relationships/leads to grow business
- Acts as primary point-of-contact for assigned client accounts
- Assists in digital marketing strategy development
- Demonstrate working knowledge of each area of Dotsavvy service execution, in order to evaluate recommendations before presenting to prospects and clients
- Proactively find new ways to build Dotsavvy’s business and grow accounts with minimal direction
- Master and maintain a vast knowledge of Dotsavvy’s business, competition, and latest digital marketing industry news and trends
- Work with clients and prospects to understand their requirements (nature of products, services needed, timeframe, volumes, new skill sets, operational model evolutions, etc.) and sell appropriate digital marketing solutions
- Work with Dotsavvy’s multidisciplinary team members to ensure that services are delivered to meet and exceed client requirements
- Support process innovation in Dotsavvy’s digital marketing offerings
- Generate and deliver new business proposals and sales pitches in conjunction with the rest of the Dotsavvy team so as to win business in-line with our strategic objectives
- Meet or exceed sales targets – alignment, positioning, revenue, profit, margins, efficiencies
- Increase industry awareness of Dotsavvy through networking and sales strategies
- Receive positive feedback from clients and other stakeholders on your performance
- Thoughtfully follow established practices and company processes; prioritize efficiency and results
- The position is highly consultative requiring a strong knowledge and background in digital marketing
- Prior digital agency or similar experience is required
- Experience in medium to large scale digital marketing sales across a diverse range of relevant offerings
- Operational background in digital marketing
- Experience acquiring and growing client accounts for digital marketing services and products
- High-level client exposure.
- 2-5 years of experience working in Sales and New Business for a digital marketing agency or relevant type of business or organization
- Experience selling and orchestrating digital marketing strategies and solutions.
- Track record of for negotiating long term client engagements
- Experience pitching and presenting digital marketing solutions
- Ability to handle multiple customer accounts well
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to lead/guide an organization to achieve best-of-class deliverables quality, quality of service, etc
- Ability to learn new fields of expertise in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong negotiating skills and presentation skills
- Strategy and business planning.
- Ability to see the “big picture” as well as quantify growth potential
- Must demonstrate energy and enthusiasm in the workplace
- Must be available to travel whenever/wherever necessary
- Thoughtful and driven to succeed
- Independent in thinking and practice, but strives within a team dynamic
- Charismatic with the ability to form relationships with people at all levels
- Commercially aware
- A champion of excellence and timely delivery
- Enjoys networking and being social
- Resilient, not afraid to get creative
If you think you are that special talent we may be looking for, kindly send us your credentials on email@example.com with the subject line ‘Business Development Manager’ by 5.00 pm East African Time (EAT) on or before Monday the 16th September 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Dotsavvy is a Nairobi based digital business agency focused on creating the best possible digital outcomes and ROI for our clients. We are passionate about all things digital, and our holistic approach combines strategies, tactics, and continuous measurement and improvement — all working together within clients’ budgets to deliver. We have proven the success of this process over the past 17+ years where we’ve helped 100s of clients build successful digital business programs and delivered 1000+ digital projects. Dotsavvy is a creative, fun and challenging company that is committed to helping our clients’ businesses succeed. We look for team members who are up for a challenge and are equally committed to work and fun. We’re seeking talented and enthusiastic professionals to join our team of digital experts who drive positive results for our clients.